Target Population: Pharmaceutical sales and marketing professionals working in the U.S.
Sample Size: 120 to 150 participants from one or more companies. I calculated this sample size based on an effect size f of .15, power (1 - β err prob) of .95, two groups, with three predictor measures. For this study, I plan to use two randomized groups with 60 to 75 participants in each group.
- Participants will first complete an informed consent form prior to participating in the study.
- The group of 120-150 participants will be randomized into 2 groups.
- Participants will download a mobile learning application to complete the study.
- All participants will complete a questionnaire and an ethical decision-making pretest.
- Group 1 will be assigned to view a series of 5 entertainment-education videos.
- Group 0 will be assigned to review a series of 5 e-Learning modules.
- After reviewing the instructional content, both groups will complete an ethical decision-making posttest.
- Finally, each group will complete two surveys to measure engagement in the content.
|Group 1 will view a 5-part series of Entertainment-Education videos designed to increase awareness and improve ethical judgment of pharmaceutical commercial compliance topics. Each video is approximately 5-7 minutes in length.
|Group 0 will view a 5-part series of e-Learning courses also designed to increase awareness and improve ethical judgment of pharmaceutical commercial compliance topics. The e-Learning course contains the same narrative of the video. Each e-Learning module is approximately 5-7 minutes in length.